Simple cooking, for the working kitchen.
This recipe made me chuckle this morning, because it was from an Instagram video, using a viral song that is making waves because of it’s heartfelt innocence of loving corn.
I was inspired by this video and decided to build on top of the existing recipe, to put my own spin on it (plus I had things from my fridge that desperately needed to be cooked). I think this hearty, quick and delicious harvest soup will be a staple in my cookbook from now on! It’s the perfect kickoff for fall, and I couldn’t resist making the house smell of soup simmering on the stove on the first days of September. Of course, I already have my autumn playlist going, and sweater on (despite the weather outside).
- 1 1/2 cups of corn (in was able to use the corn i preserve and froze from last year’s ontario harvest)
- 4 cups of pumpkin puree (I used my frozen home made one from last year’s halloween pumpkin)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of rinsed black beans
- 4 cups of chicken broth ( I was able to use some frozen broth I made a few months ago)
- 2 celery stocks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put all items in a large pot
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce and let sommer until vegetables are cooked (about 40 minutes)
- Serve or freeze for later!